Saturday 13 August 2011

A great night in spoiled by a huge spider....thank god for dry shampoo!

So , tonight I had some friends over and my boyfriend and his son , the boys played really nicely and we cooked and chatted and was a lovely chilled out night. I think it was so chilled because I can fully relax at  my house and not worry about little man breaking things or getting into bother (maybe worth pointing out here that my other half's family don't think my little boy is very well behaved and for some reason when we r with them he can be a little monkey, however no worse than any other child!!) , so anyway with a nice relaxed at ease mummy we had a very pleasant evening, he even went straight to bed which never ever happens. I decided I wanted to get comfy in bed and have a browse online until............... I felt eyes upon me and when I turned round there was THE biggest spider ever on my wall, it had a big hairy body and massive long legs (by the way am absolutely scared stiff of creepies!). Panic set in and although the poor guy was not doing any harm he looked so menacing and I just could not take my eyes off him no matter how hard I tried, i just knew I would never be able to sleep with him up there. I even contemplated giving him a name to try and make myself like him.... that didn't work either . And so operation spider assassination began!!! I contemplated getting the vac out and hoovering him up but the aftermath of little man waking up was not an attractive thought, I couldnt reach to trap him in a glass which would have been the more humane thing to do (I apologise profusely to any spider lovers here but I am sure he was not the first and will not be the last)and so I looked round the bedroom for weaponry! air freshener.... he didn't like it but it didn't do anything but make him smell nice, deodorant nope that didn't work either ,,,,,,,, and then .... low and behold like a knight in shining armour the dry shampoo!!!! It knocked him straight off the wall and I was able to pounce with a glass and get rid out of the window!!! Phew!!!I just hope he warns all his spider friends to stay away (that's if he survived the drop!).

And so , my pleasant evening did have a blip but the dry shampoo save the day , as always because it is now not only great for rushing in a morning to get myself and little man ready but it is great at fighting the battle against creepies in my bedroom!!!!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAH! this made me LOL, i can totally relate! :) i HATE spiders with a passion!

    ReplyDelete